Milkman (“Milkman”, “Us”, “Our”, or “We”) recognizes that you may be concerned about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. We respect your privacy and are committed to providing a transparent notice of our privacy practices.
This policy describes the types of information We may collect from you when you visit our Website(s), including mealvana.io, or use our mobile application (collectively, the “Services”). This policy also covers information we collect about you offline or from third parties. This policy describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We collect several types of information from and about you, including:
- Information provided by you, age, gender, weight, height, level of daily athletic activities to determine optimal caloric consumption, type of diet, diet goal, frequency and types of meals, taste preferences, likes/dislikes/ratings of recipes or meal plans, recipe contributions, and other personally identifying information. For example, we collect information from you when you fill out a form or otherwise interact using the Services.
- Information collected automatically as you navigate using the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, domain address, IP addresses, internet browser, operating system, your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or the mobile application, and information collected through cookies.
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to us:
- to present the Services and contents to you and to improve our Services (we continually strive to improve the Services’ offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you);
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us such to create customized meal plans for you, and to curate collections of recipe suggestions;
- to provide you with notices about your account and to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- to notify you about changes to Services We offer or provide;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features provided through our Services and to personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- to enable communications to you regarding our Services such as email and text;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it and in any other way We may describe when you provide the information; and (very vague and pretty much means we can use the info for whatever reason we feel; may need to add that any other reason for information usage will be clearly communicated to the users and stated on the page and in the app as well. True for the clause below, although ‘with your consent’)
- for any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business; (can we add that the information will be used to support our services only, and not for any other purposes. The service providers will not take advantage of that information for any other purposes)
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Milkman‘s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which information, including personal information, held by Milkman about users of our Services is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; (good one)
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; (good one)
- with your consent. (good one, but we may elaborate more about it)
We may also disclose your information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government, regulatory, or law enforcement request;
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- if We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Milkman, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and deidentified data or information that does not identify an individual.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. (add strong password that is difficult to guess)
The Services may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to or on the Services or through any of its features. If We learn We have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us in one of the ways provided in the Contact Information section, below.